Friday 25 January 2013

Finding my Passion

First, my apologies for haven´t been writing for a year.  I don´t know how this blog would develop as time goes by.  I have been busy with working full time and trying to deal with some personal matters.  But everything that I have been doing seems to be not enough at all.  So, I would normally day in & day out check my facebook for updates from families & friends, and most of the time it was just unnecessary login.

Well, I have been toying with the idea of doing some online work to earn extra income.  I have tried working extra shifts to be a wait staff every now & then after my day job in a canteen servicing an oil firm.  And by doing so, I dont have enough energy at the end of the day anymore.  So, I dont think I can do it anymore 2 jobs from the same field.  It is really hard to combine.

So, it came to the idea of working from home and online.  My brother from Manila started training for an outsourcing company so he could work from home and and look after my nephew. Also he had this friend from our old place who started an outsourcing biz working from home together with his wife.  Fascinating about this guy is that he is blind.  There is much to say about this guy.  But for the full story of how he started and became a success, please click the link: http://grayscaleconsultants.com/

Since then, been wondering if I can do the same from where I am leaving right now.  I know it will not be easy to take this path.  But it seems like a lot of people are doing it and are successful.  So, I contacted my Auntie Lexie from Toronto and ask her how she started, ask for advice on how to begin with it.  Then she tells me that she started by blogging and doing google ads at the beginning.  So, here I am writing again and re-activating this blog.  Here´s a link on how alternative sources of income from The Savvy Freelancer.

But the hardest part I think of her advice was telling me that I should write something about my interest & passion.  Then I was tongue tied since I don´t really know exactly & accurately my interest & passion are.  Yes, I do love food which means am a foodie, passion is my cooking and travelling, and oh yeah travelling- I love it.  But more than I have so much interest.  I guess these are my top 3 interest. Problem is am not so good in writing so much about food and cooking.  I can teach & coach how to cook.  Love to find new places to eat out and relax.  And for travel--am good at finding the best deals or offers  that I can find in the world wide web(www) from different budget range.  I was also planning to arrange for a themed trips to the Philippines.  

Wow, just writing it down seemed to me that I found out what my passion & interest are.  Now, my problem is how write about these topics and make it interesting for people to read and keep coming back.  Also in the long run be an alternative source of income for me.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home