Saturday 1 March 2014

Becoming a Chef






I had always been reluctant to be called a chef. For me, I have always liked to be called a cook instead.  Since that´s what I consider myself to be.  Now that am more matured, I have realized that I cant be forever be a cook. But in my heart would always remain as such, but I need to up my game since here in Norway, I can´t get a job as chef without having the certification or what they would call a `fagbrev´.  Which means I can´t and won´t be able to receive the right salary appropriate for me as an experience cook or a chef. I have started my road to becoming a chef few years back. And this summer will be taking it to another level.  Just last December 2013, I got accepted to study at ACS-Ashburton Cookery School which won the Best Cookery School for the last 2 years in UK.  And this is my immediate goal: equipping myself with the knowledge and techniques of a professional kitchen. I worked on my own catering and coffee shop business. But shut down my business in the end of 2011, to give way for my other personal goals. To which afterwards, I ended working again with food in an institutional kitchen (canteen/cafeteria) for one of the biggest food service provider in the region.  I just need to prepare myself and save for the tuition and for the months that I will not be earning any salary before I can go to UK and pursue my further studies. For the mean time, will work on my certification here in Norway and hone my skills at my new position in a new canteen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home